Tree pruning and trimming serves two purposes: maintenance and safety improvement.
Pruning for tree maintenance makes trees healthier and more aesthetically pleasing. We can improve the shape of the tree, open up your view, improve orchard production, and ensure proper form and structure.
Pruning for safety involves removing damaged or diseased branches while reducing the risk of failure from wind and snow loads, and maintaining the structural integrity of the tree.
Reasons to Prune Your Trees
- Remove diseased, dead, or storm-damaged branches
- Thin the crown, permitting new growth and better air circulation
- Reduce the height of the tree
- Remove obstructing lower branches or branches that interfere with your house
- Enhance your views
- Shape a tree for visual aesthetics
For more information about tree pruning and trimming in Connecticut, check out the articles below:
- When and How to Prune Trees – A detailed description of good pruning practices used by Barts.
- What Is “Topping” and Why Is It Bad? – It’s not only bad for the tree, but also for your wallet.
- Pruning Your Apple and Pear Trees – Proper pruning techniques improve fruit yield.
Our comprehensive tree care capabilities, including professional pruning and tree trimming, ensure your trees a healthy long life – and save you a lot of headaches.